TSA PreCheck offers expedited security screening and a better travel experience. To participate, eligible customers must enroll in one of the following U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Trusted Traveler programs: TSA PreCheck | Global Entry | NEXUS | SENTRI
Book travel with the same name, date of birth and gender as the government-issued ID used to apply to the DHS Trusted Traveler program.
- The most common error is incorrect date of birth.
- Ensure all booking profiles (agency/corporate, airlines, websites, etc.) have the correct DHS Trusted Traveler information.
Use the correct Known Traveler Number (KTN).
- TSA Pre✓: TT plus 7 alphanumeric characters (e.g. TT1111TY7)
- Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI: 9 digit PASS ID; often starts with 98 (e.g. 981747089)
- U.S. Military: 10 digit Department of Defense ID number (e.g. 1401762236)
Encourage customers to add their KTN to their united.com MileagePlus profile.
- Keep in mind – when someone initially adds a KTN to their MileagePlus profile, it could take up to 72 hours to process.
Read more at united.com/tsaprecheck.
When a KTN is added to a PNR via the documentation SSR (SSRDOCO), it displays in both the agency and United PNR. United will then provide the KTN to the TSA.
- Travelers may ask, “Why can’t I see my KTN in my reservation on united.com?”
- The reason is, United uses the following SSRDOCO construction (via Shares GDS) for Known Traveler Numbers (KTN):
- KTNs entered with this format will display when customers view their Traveler Information in their reservation.
- We realize that a non-Shares GDS user may enter a variation of the SSRDOCO format (allowed by IATA). The KTN will still be successfully transmitted to TSA, however, travelers may not see it in their united.com reservation.
- We are working on updates so united.com will display GDS variations of the SSRDOCO format for KTNs.
If you entered the customer’s KTN in the PNR, assure them it is in the PNR.
Share the following TSA guides with your customers:
United-specific: united.com/AirportInformation > Expedited airport processing